Ancient Athens ruins, cerulean waters, and dramatic seaside cliffs bewitch Greece’s visitors. So, let’s take a virtual journey to Athens and the Cyclades Islands in 10 photos of Greece!
Disclosure: This post contains some affiliate links. When you click on or make a purchase from one of these links, I may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Of course, this is at no extra cost to you, and I only recommend products and services I have or would use myself.
Arriving At The Cyclades
View Over Paros
Paros Beach View
Road To Fira
Santorini Black Sand Beach
Off The Santorini Coast
Dreaming of a trip to Greece?
If you are dreaming of a trip to Greece, you are not alone. Though the photos in this post were taken on my first trip to Greece while studying abroad in Europe as a college student in 2006, a return visit is definitely on my bucket list.
As a culinary traveler, I would love to go wine tasting at Santorini’s wineries, learn to cook Greek food, and eat seafood freshly caught that day in the Aegean Sea. On a trip to Greece, here are some of the adventures you could have:
- Cruise the Santorini caldera on a catamaran at sunset
- Eat your way through an Athens food tour
- Take a Greek cooking class at a traditional farm on Mykonos
- Delve into the history of ancient Greece on a guided Acropolis tour
Though travel to Greece will have to wait for me, you could visit as early as mid-June. Greece plans to reopen for the summer tourism season on June 15 and expects most flights to the country to resume by July 1. Already, some of Greece’s outdoor attractions — such as beaches and the Acropolis — have reopened.
Use the search box below to find the best hotel rates in Greece right now!
Read More Posts to Inspire Travel
- Paros Greece Travel Guide
- 10 Photos That Will Make You Wish You Were in Ireland
- 10 Photos That Will Make You Wish You Were in Switzerland
- Five Best Restaurants in Cyprus
- 6 Amazing Vacation Destinations Around the World
Save this post to your Greece or Europe travel board on Pinterest!
Leave a Reply