This post is sponsored by Maven on behalf of DRINKS.com.
Visiting vineyards, touring wineries, and, of course, tasting wines are some of my favorite travel activities. I’ve even been known to build my trip itineraries around visiting wine regions, but, unfortunately, I can’t spend all my time traveling to wineries around the globe. As much as I may want to. (And, trust me, I really want to.)
So, my wine-loving friends, I’ve found a solution — bring the wineries to me with an at-home wine tasting!
If you also want to discover new wines but don’t have the time to travel to far-off wine regions, hosting an at-home tasting is a fun and social way to do that from the comfort of home.
All you need is an assortment of wines from the world’s best wine regions, pen and paper or your favorite wine-rating app (I use Vivino) to take tasting notes, water to cleanse your palate between wines, and your wine-loving friends to share the experience with you.
Fortunately, the DRINKS.com family of brands makes hosting a wine tasting event super easy with multi-bottle wine assortments curated by wine experts. And, for a limited time, DRINKS.com is offering fabulous deals from its family of brands — Wine Insiders, Barclays, and Heartwood & Oak.
I love that the wines in each assortment have been carefully selected by wine experts, but you also have the ability to customize and upgrade your packs. You don’t need to have a wine club membership or subscription either. It’s just a fun way to build your wine collection and discover wines you’ll love.
Sampling these assorted wines, you and your oenophile friends can visit the vineyards of France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Chile and California — all without boarding a flight. Now, let’s take a closer look at some of these fantastic wine assortments for your at-home tasting …
Winter Wines 6 Pack From Wine Insiders
This mix of reds and whites will help us wine lovers transition from winter to spring with full-bodied reds to a refreshing and light Spanish Rosé.
Each wine in this assortment received a rating of 93 or higher from Wine Insiders’ panel of wine experts. Included in the assortment of award-winning wines are:
- 2015 Black Fox Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, California — Gold-medal winner at the 2017 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition, Silver-medal winner at the 2017 Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition | Retails for $14.99
- 2015 River’s End Reserve Merlot, California — 91-point Gold Medal, 2017 Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition; Silver Medal, 2017 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition; Silver Medal, 2017 West Coast Wine Competition; Silver Medal, 2016 International Women’s Wine Competition | Retails for $14.99
- 2015 Snickerdoodle Chardonnay, California — Gold Medal, 2017 West Coast Wine Competition; Silver Medal, 2017 San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition; Silver Medal, 2017 Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition | Retails for $17.99
- 2015 Dr. Wilhelm Riesling, Germany — 92-point Gold Medal, 2017 Winemaker Challenge International Competition; Silver Medal, 2017 International Eastern Wine Competition | Retails for $19.99
- 2015 Kepe Rosado, Spain — Silver Medal, 2016 San Francisco International Wine Competition | Retails for $19.99
- [No Vintage Listed | May be 2016] Abbazia Cuvèe Prestige, Italy — 90-point Gold Medal, 2016 Monterey Wine Competition; 89-point Silver Medal, 2016 Critics Challenge International Wine Competition; Silver Medal, 2016 International Eastern Wine Competition | Retails for $24.99
Featuring six wines that have been expertly vetted, this pack retails for $9.17 per bottle. Click on the image to learn more about the Winter Wines 6 Pack offered by Wine Insiders:
12 Award-Winning Wines From Barclays
With the Barclays’ collection of 12 award-winning wines you can take your wine glass to France, Spain, Chile, Italy and California all from the comfort of home!
The dozen wines are all award winners, so I’ll just highlight a couple that stood out to me among this impressive assortment:
- Val di Botte Toscana Rosso IGT, Tuscany, Italy — A bold Tuscan rare-red blend that pairs well with beef and venison | 90-point Gold Medal, 2016 Critics Challenge International Wine Competition; 87-point Silver Medal, 2016 Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition; Silver Medal, 2015 Grand Harvest Awards | Retails for $17.99
- Castelliani Bertoli Bianco, Italy — A floral and fruity dry white wine | 90-point Gold Medal, 2016 San Francisco International Wine Competition; Bronze Medal, 2016 New York International Wine Competition; Bronze Medal, 2016 Sunset International Wine Competition | Retails for $17.99
The Barclays assortment of 12 award-winning wines also includes a bonus gift of a wood-handled wine key. You can learn more about this multi-bottle wine pack by clicking on the image below.
15-Bottle Assortment From Heartwood & Oak
With 15 bottles of expert-selected wines, this is the ultimate wine-lover’s assortment for party hosts and at-home entertainers. If you love to throw dinner parties, at-home wine tastings, or “girls’ night in” gatherings for your gal pals, this pack will stock your wine rack for your next soirée.
To learn more about the “Girls Night” assortments of reds, whites, and mixed bottles, click on the image below.
So, are you ready to take your taste buds on a trip to the world’s best wine regions? You won’t need your passport, but I do recommend stocking up your wine collection before your at-home tasting.
Explore These Exclusive Deals Today!
Save this post to Pinterest!
Have you attended or hosted an at-home wine tasting?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Maven on behalf of DRINKS.com and its brands: Wine Insiders, Barclays, and Heartwood & Oak. This post may also contain affiliate links. As always, all opinions shared are my own.